M.A. Luíza Cerioli
Research Funding Deputy Manager
- Institution: Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
- Luíza Cerioli is a Political Science Ph.D. student at the Centre for Near and Middle East Studies (CNMS) at the University of Marburg. She holds an International Relations and Comparative Foreign Policy Master’s from the University of Brasília (UnB) and an International Relations Bachelor’s degree from the University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS). Her research aims at nuanced frameworks of International Relations to cope with the complexity of studying multifaced relations between states. Her research interests range from Global IR, Middle Eastern foreign policy and geopolitics (emphasis in the Persian Gulf), Global South theorization, and the intersections between identity, ideology, and gender within International Relations.
- Research Topics: Global IR; IR Theory; Global South; Middle East; Neoclassical Realism.
- “Why did I join BRaS?”I joined BRaS because I subscribe to its objectives of connecting Brazilian researchers from different countries and social science areas, something I aim for my academic path. Brazil can provide new spaces to study IR through a Global South perspective, developing dissident knowledge, and creating plural pathways to de-Westernize the discipline. Moreover, I believe it the center’s power as a platform for joint projects, collaborative debates, and collective, integrative, and inclusive research.
- Location: Marburg, Germany
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org